POST PAPAL VISIT PROCESSION - THE NATIONAL PILGRIM STATUE OF OUR LADY OF THE CAPE TRAVELS BACK TO CANADA'S NATIONAL MARIAN SHRINE
Holy Family Parish in Medicine Hat - August 8th @ 9:00 AM
St. Augustine of Canterbury Church in Brandon - August 9th @ 6:30 PM
St Emile Catholic Church in Winnipeg - August 10th @ 6:30 PM
Paroisse Notre Dame De L'Assomption Cathédrale with Bishop Elect Pierre-Olivier Tremblay - August 14th - 15th
Canada's National Marian Shrine with Bishop Martin Laliberte - August 22nd @ 7:30 PM
Relive the Historic Papal Visit Procession Below.
The Papal Visit Pilgrim Statue Procession from Canada's National Marian Shrine in Cap-de-la-Madeleine, QC to Edmonton can be likened to An Olympic Torch passing through cities — with Our Lady of the Cape bringing Christ's message of healing and reconciliation to everyone on route. She will gather pilgrim's petitions from Cathedrals and churches along the way to rise up as incense at the Papal Holy Mass.
*photo from the 1948 Annals from the Cape showing the day the Bishop of Trois Rivieres blessed the Our Lady of the Cape Pilgrim Statue in advance of the procession to the historic 1947 Marian Congress in Ottawa where the Dominion of Canada was consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Dates & Locations now Confirmed - (program details below list of locations - will vary from site to site) EVENT POSTER HERE
- Canada's National Marian Shrine at Cap-de-la-Madeleine - Wednesday, June 22nd @ 6:30 PM - Confirmed - 3D Virtual Tour HERE - The Director of the Shrine, Fr. Remi Lepage, blesses roses for the participating pilgrims. PHOTO GALLERY
- Delivery of the Marian Devotional Movement Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of the Cape to Sainte Anne de Beaupré on June 24th for the July 28th Papal Mass. PHOTO GALLERY
- Assumption Cathedral in Trois-Rivières with Bishop Martin Laliberte - Sunday, June 26th @ 10:00 AM PHOTO GALLERY
- Notre Dame Cathedral in Ottawa with Archbishop Marcel Damphousse - Sunday, July 3rd @ 4:00 PM Pilgrim Statue Veneration & Rosary - Bilingual Holy Mass at 5:00 PM - Archbishop's Homily HERE PHOTO GALLERY
- St. Peter in Chains Cathedral in Peterborough with Bishop Daniel Miehm - Tuesday, July 12th @ 7:00 PM - Confirmed - Homily - CLICK HERE
- Martyrs Shrine in Midland - Thursday, July 14th - Rosary @ 11:30 AM followed by Holy Mass @ 12:00 PM
- Holy Redeemer Church in Sudbury - Friday, July 15th - 3:00 PM Rosary, Blessing of the Roses and Veneration - Confirmed
- Royal Cargo Trailer Pilgrim Statue Rosary Event at the Historic Cross in Sault St. Marie - July 16th
- St. Patrick's Cathedral in Thunder Bay with Bishop Fred J. Colli - Monday, July 18th - 6:00 PM Rosary and veneration followed by Holy Mass at 7:00 PM. Confirmed (non-livestream event)
- St. Anthony of Padua in Winnipeg - Wednesday, July 20th - 6:30 PM Rosary followed by Holy Mass at 7:00 PM - Confirmed
- Cathedral of the Holy Family in Saskatoon with Bishop Mark Hagemoen, - Friday, July 22nd - 11:30 AM Rosary followed by Holy Mass at 12:00 PM - Confirmed
- Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton - Tuesday, July 26th - Papal Mass with Pope Francis - Confirmed - Televised worldwide on numerous networks including EWTN, Shalom, Salt & Light.
PAPAL VISIT PROCESSION PROGRAM (Excluding Edmonton)
HOLY ROSARY (Enrol in the Rosary Confraternity HERE)
BLESSING OF ROSES (view prayer HERE)
MARIAN CONSECRATION PRAYER (view prayer HERE)
DISTRIBUTION OF ROSE PETALS, VENERATION & PLACING OF INTENTIONS (prayer intentions to be placed in Mary's Ark and brought to the Papal Mass)
View the 1947 video chronicling the Our Lady of the Cape Pilgrim Statue Procession. (Rosary Confraternity explanation and benefits concludes video)
Recommended Preparations for the Papal Visit Procession
Family or Parish Screening of the Bridge of Roses docudrama
A priest discovers a pig chewing on a rosary at Mary’s altar. What he does next transforms his parish into a National Marian Shrine.
Help Mary continue to visit her children by becoming an MDM Pilgrim Partner - receive a Cape Prayer Shawl touched to the miraculous statue at the Cape.
Dennis & Angelina Girard (Custodians of the National Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of the Cape, Directors of the Marian Devotional Movement and organizers of the 2022 PILGRIM STATUE TOURS) are the hosts for the Papal Visit Procession. Learn more about Dennis & Angelina HERE
*photo from the 2019 Rosary Bowl organized by the Marian Devotional Movement at TD Place in Ottawa.
Press release Papal Visit Procession
Press release Marian Tours criss-cross the nation
Press release Pilgrim Statue Tours
Press release Bridge of Roses
Press release Pray the Rosary
The Marian Devotional Movement is a member of CEMA (Coalition of Eucharistic and Marian Apostolates)