Enrolment in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary
Simply; click Add to Cart, click Checkout, submit your information, click Continue to Shipping, click Continue to Payment, click Pay Now, (it is free). Your certificate will be emailed to you, download your certificate, print your name and date it. Your name will be recorded at the Canadian National Shrine of Our Lady of the Cape which is considered North America's most important Marian Shrine.
Please enrol each person separately. You may use the same email and mailing address but a separate order for each person is required for registration. Simply indicate their name in the "Shipping Address" box. Thank you.
Questions: 1.888.501.1083To Support the Marian Devotional Movement by becoming an MDM Pilgrim Partner Click "HERE" The MDM is a registered Charity with the CRA - Watch the 2020 video announcement "HERE"
Bishop Pierre-Olivier Tremblay, OMI, invites you to enrol in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary originally established in 1694.
THE ROSARY CONFRATERNITY'S BENEFITS
1. The special protection of the Mother of God.
2. A share in the prayer of countless thousands of members the world over, and this even after death.
3. A share in the prayers, Masses and apostolic works of the entire Dominican Order.
4. The intercession of the entire heavenly court.
5. Various plenary and partial indulgences.* (see below)
THE ROSARY CONFRATERNITY'S OBLIGATIONS
Each member strives to pray the mysteries of the Rosary meaning the Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries; the Luminous Mysteries is not included as an obligation but is certainly encouraged, each week (this does not bind under sin), and must have his/her name inscribed in the register of the Confraternity. There are no meetings, no dues.
SIGNIFICANCE OF ENROLMENT
You are about to enrol in one of the oldest Confraternities of the Most Holy Rosary. It was established in the New World in 1694 at Cap-de-la-Madeleine. You will be united in universal prayer with the multitude of souls who belong to the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary across the world. We encourage you to discover the riches of your Marian Heritage. To assist you, below are key milestones along the way.
- 1694 Fr. Paul Vachon establishes the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary at Cap-de-la-Madeleine.
- 1720 Stone church now known as the "Old Shrine" opens.
- 1729 Fr. Vachon passes away and the faith at the Cape dwindles.
- 1854 The Our Lady of the Cape statue, fashioned after the Immaculate Conception is donated to the church at Cap-de-la-Madeleine.
- 1864 Fr. Luc Desilets appointed pastor at the Cape.
- 1867 On the eve of the Feast of the Ascension, he discovers a pig chewing on a rosary in the church. He reestablishes the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary.
- 1867-77 Pages of new enrolees in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary.
- 1879 Prodigy of the ice bridge.
- 1888 Blessed Frederic Janssoone arrives. He will become the first pilgrimage director.
- 1888 Dedication of the "Old Shrine" to the Queen of the Holy Rosary.
- 1888 Prodigy of the eyes.
- 1888 Fr. Luc Desilets passes away unexpectedly on August 30th.
- 1902 The Oblates of Mary Immaculate take responsibility for the Shrine.
- 1904 The first canonical crowning (Pope St. Pius X) of Our Lady of the Cape.
- 1909 First Plenary Council of the bishops of Quebec speaking on behalf of the Church of Canada establish the "Old Shrine" as National place of pilgrimage; “It is desirable that the faithful of Canada go in pious pilgrimage to Cap-de-la-Madeleine where a confraternity of the Holy Rosary has been in existence for more than 200 years and where a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, crowned by Pius X, is the object of solemn manifestations of faith and piety.”
- 1947 Marian Congress in Ottawa preceded by a 40 day procession of the pilgrim statue of Our Lady of the Cape (the pilgrim statue is an exact replica of the miraculous statue at the Cape.) Pope Pius XII calls the consecration of the Dominion of Canada to Mary, the Mother of God the "Crowning event" of the congress.
- 1954 The pilgrim statue of Our Lady of the Cape returns to the Shrine after travelling across Canada in time for the celebrations of the 100th Anniversary of the proclamation of the Immaculate Conception. Pope Pius XII authorizes the second canonical crowning of Our Lady of the Cape, Queen of the Holy Rosary, Queen of Canada.
- 1955 Construction of new basilica begins at the Cape. Inaugurated in 1964.
- 1984 Pilgrimage of St. John Paul II to the Shrine where he is greeted by an estimated crowd of 75,000.
- 1988 Celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Shrine and the Beatification of Blessed Frederic Janssoone.
- 2017 Mother's day, the pilgrim statue of Our Lady of the Cape is installed at Blessed Sacrament Church in Ottawa. The parish is located just a few blocks from the historic 1947 Marian Congress.
- 2017 August 22nd on the Feast of the Queenship of Mary, the Marian Devotional Movement is officially launched at the Our Lady of the Cape Shrine.
- 2017 September 26th, the bishops of Canada reconsecrate the country to the Immaculate Heart of Mary at Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica in Ottawa.
- 2017 November 27th - The Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Bishop Pierre-Oliver Tremblay, OMI, Rector of the Our Lady of the Cape Shrine reestablishes enrolment in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary and authorizes the Marian Devotional Movement to begin enrolment.
More information call: 1.888.501.1083
- For members of the Rosary Confraternity, a plenary indulgence, under the usual conditions, is granted:
- on the day of enrollment. (When application is made, a certificate of membership is sent, indicating the day of the enrollment.)
- on the following feast days: Christmas, Easter, Annunciation, Purification, Assumption, Our Lady of the Rosary, and Immaculate Conception.
- For those who pray the Rosary, a plenary indulgence is granted under the usual conditions, when the Rosary is prayed in Church, or in a Public Oratory, in a family (family Rosary), Religious Community, or Pious Association. Otherwise a partial indulgence is granted.