In 1867 Father Luc Desilets, the pastor at Cap-de-la-Madeleine from 1864 until his death in 1888, had an astonishing experience. Upon investigating a noise he had heard in the church, he found a small pig chewing on a rosary. This was for him a shocking experience. He was saddened by the fact that people were no longer praying the rosary. He remembered the Confraternity of the Holy Rosary that had been established in the parish in 1694. He then consecrated himself to the Blessed Mother and vowed to spread enrolment in the Confraternity of the Holy Rosary wherever his voice could be heard. Soon more and more parishioners started coming to church; eventually the church was too small and a larger church was required. By 1954 the Old Shrine, now considered the most important Marian Shrine in North America by the CCCB, welcomed One Million pilgrims to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the proclamation of the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Miraculous Medal Earrings
Miraculous Medal earrings featuring sterling silver hooks.
SAINT CATHERINE LABOURE OF THE MIRACULOUS MEDAL by Fr. Joseph Dirvin.
Zoe was alone in the bedroom; she had looked carefully about to make sure of that. She had a duty to perform, and like all the solemn and decisive acts of life, it had to be done alone. Of course even Zoe did not realize that what she was about to do far transcended her personal life. It was vital to countless millions yet unborn; and so she might have spared herself her pains, for all the world was to see her. The Blessed Virgin arranged for the servant to happen quietly on the scene and to observe it all.
Zoe pulled a chair over beneath the shelf, for it was too high for her to reach, even if she stood on tiptoe. Climbing up on the chair, she stretched overhead and took down Our Lady's image. She was too much engrossed in the ecstasy of her devotion to notice anything now. She did not even get down from the chair; it would serve well enough for the altar of her choosing and dedication. Throwing her arms about the statue, she hugged it close to her little body, as a child might fondle her favorite doll or teddy bear.
But this was no doll. In a sense, it was no longer just a statue of Our Lady. It was Mary herself. Zoe's words showed that very clearly.
"Now, dear Blessed Mother," she said aloud with childlike fervor, "now you will be my Mother!"
Probably the incident of the statue was almost entirely for the benefit of mankind, a way of serving public notice that the Marian Age had begun.
Lourdes Artisan Earrings
Our Lady of Lourdes earrings featuring sterling silver hooks.
On 25th March 1858, the day of the sixteenth apparition, Bernadette asked the “Lady” her name. The “Lady” replied in the local dialect: “Que soy era Immaculada Counceptiou”, which means “I am the Immaculate Conception”. The Immaculate Conception is “Mary conceived without sin, by the merits of the Cross of Christ” (definition of the dogma promulgated in 1854). Bernadette went to see the Parish priest straight away to give him the name of the “Lady”. He then realized it was the Mother of God who was appearing in the Grotto. Later, Mgr Laurence, Bishop of Tarbes, authenticated this revelation.
Our Lady of the Cape, Queen of Canada Lapel Pin
Beautiful 1" Lapel Pin
Miraculous Medal Necklace
Blue Miraculous medal with 20” chain & velvet box Silver Plated made in France
Witness to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, originally known as the medal of the Immaculate Conception. "O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee."
Miraculous Medals are touched to the First Class relic of St. Bernadette after purchase.
Miraculous Medals also come with the special gift of a laminated Miraculous Medal Cape Card featuring a cloth that has touched the miraculous statue of Our Lady of the Cape and the tombs of Fr. Luc Desilets and Fr. Paul Vachon, blessed by "then" rector of Canada's National Marian Shrine, Bishop Pierre-Olivier Tremblay, OMI and a rose fragment blessed on the Confraternity Altar.
Fr. Paul Vachon was the diocesan priest who had the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary established at Cap-de-la-Madeleine in 1694 by the Master General of the Dominican Order, Antonin Cloche, OP.
Fr. Luc Desilets found the pig chewing on a rosary in 1867 and reestablished enrollment in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary leading to the miracle of the ice bridge, the prodigy of the eyes, the 1904 canonical crowning and a million pilgrims visiting the Cape in 1954!