The Marian Devotional Movement invites all pilgrims to:
1. Discover the New World's Marian Heritage.
2. Experience the "Recipe for Renewal."
3. Dig in the Mud (A reference to St. Bernadette's simple act of faith.)Explorer, Jacques Cartier, prophetically plants a cross on October 7th, 1535 at Trois Rivieres; a date that one day would become known as the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary - who could have ever imagined that in 1888 a shrine dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary would rise up in Trois Rivieres as a living testimony of how Mary leverages the Rosary as a means to bring her children back to her Son!
In 1694, the Rosary Confraternity was established at Cap-de-la-Madeleine in Trois Rivieres. In our day, the Marian Devotional Movement has been entrusted to facilitate an invitation to you by Bishop Pierre-Olivier Tremblay, Rector of the Shrine, to enrol in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary and help build the "Bridge of Rosaries."
MAKING MARY KNOWN AND LOVED
Promoting the "Recipe for Renewal" to bring souls to Jesus through Mary that He would have dominion.
"Mary is the safest, easiest, shortest and most perfect way of approaching Jesus." St. Louis Marie de Montfort
CONFRATERNITY - CONSECRATION - BLESSED ROSES
1. Enrol in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary at Canada's National Marian Shrine of Our Lady of the Cape.
2. Consecrate yourself to Jesus through Mary. Pray the Marian Consecration Daily prayer. (visit DivineInvitation.org for more info and resources)
3. Begin the practice of the priestly blessing of roses at your parish in order for petals to be distributed and encouraging souls to ask Our Lady of the Cape, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary for favours. Please keep a written record of favours received. (The Dominican form of prayer is available for download "HERE" as part of the Recipe for Renewal document.) Watch video from St. Timothy's in Toronto of Fr. Vandenakker's blessing of roses "HERE"
THE VOW THAT CHANGED "EVERYTHING"
The vow made by Fr. Luc Désilets in 1867 to reestablish the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary led to the transformation of a disengaged parish. Eventually, the oldest stone chapel in North America where daily mass is still said became Canada's National Marian Shrine with a million pilgrims visiting in 1954 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception. That same year, the statue known the world over as "Miraculous" was canonically crowned a second time.
Call 1.888.501.1083 for more information on establishing the "Recipe for Renewal" in your area.
The Official Launch of the Marian Devotional Movement - August 22nd, 2017 - Feast of the Queenship of Mary.
Above image was captured at Canada's National Marian Shrine at Cap-de-la-Madeleine. Pictured is the new MDM Pilgrim Statue in front of the high altar along with those who were on pilgrimage to launch the Marian Devotional Movement. It replicates the 1947 image below where the pilgrim statue of Our Lady of the Cape, now installed at Blessed Sacrament Parish in Ottawa, departed en route to the Marian Congress.
Our Lady of the Cape, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary is gathering her children! 2019 Pilgrimage image below.